Butterfly Sparks Designs

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Chemo Day Three!

Hi friends,

Day 3 chemo was another day of total blessings! Lynnell arrived bright and early this morning to drive me to our appointment. When she arrived she was carrying a beautiful bouquet of flowers you can see in the photo below. They had a card which says "many of us are praying for you today! So sweet. Thank you! The beautiful red dahlias and the blessing box arrived on Tuesday and came from another group of friends who prepared the most amazing surprises. Thank you, too! I'm wearing my new t-shirt that my friend Tracy gave me. You might not be able to see, but the t-shirt contains the words about how limited cancer is - from one of my earlier blogs. It's simply a beautiful work of art combined with those amazing declarations.



This is Lynnell and I sharing lunch. Lynnell packed in lunch for us which was so yummy. We shared turkey, cheese, crackers, pretzels, bananas and delicious greek yogurt. Thanks Lynnell, you are so thoughtful.


Here we are about to break into the box! First of all this box is a coordinate for box number one. They are similar, but different - just like us! This blessing box had a couple of definite themes. First everything was wrap and prepared in red, black, white and silver. It was visual feasts for the eyes. The red had a definite underlying message - reminding me that the blood of Jesus is working a miracle in my body. In addition, there was definitely a jewel/crown theme. So many interesting words and comments about those things. It even contained a gift of some prophetic jewels and a beautiful journal with a crown. In addition to that there were lots of prayers and Scripture that addressed the issue of doubt verses belief that I wrote about in the blog yesterday. I felt they were all confirmations that I'm hearing God and on the right track.



Here's a picture of my fusion nurse, Rene. She takes such great care of me. I'm quite a job! She has a beautiful spirit and I appreciate her attention to my needs.


Just wanted you to see that Lynnell was totally into the "crown" theme! Check out her t-shirt! She didn't plan it but God did. Of course we were both texting all day long. She's addicted to that iphone!

There were about a hundred things inside this blessing box I could share with you, but I decided this was the one to show you. It was so cute and made me laugh! Maybe I have a new nick name - after all i am pink!

Thanks to each one of you who lifted me in prayer today. Each time I return for the treatment it does take a certain measure of courage. I find I must willingly submit my body to the treatment at hand - determined to go through to the other side. Your prayers have given me strength when I needed it. I'm praying for a "light" fatigue, no mouth burn, a cooperative digestive system, and grace, grace, grace for my family. I know you will pray with me too!
My kids and I share a little joke! I like to sing a song to them when they snuggle up close to me - maybe you know it - "Have I told you lately that I love you? That there's no one else above you..." That's about as far I get since they roll their eyes, start to giggle and make a comment about my poor singing skills! But they know I love them. Tonight I'm singing to you and I hope you know I love you too!
I am blessed!
Jan

PS - Just a couple of prayer request...
Jenni Henson's daughter, Maggie Lee, passed away on Monday night after a 3 week battle. Services are tomorrow in Shreveport. So saddened by this news.
My mother in law - Molly - leaves for Boston on the 10th! She's had a rough couple of weeks. Please remember to pray for her.
All 3 of our boys are starting football (and school.) We're used to crazy sports schedules, but this fall will be especially challenging with the addition of so many doctor appointments. Sometimes we have to get all three boys to different places at the same time. Just praying I'll feel strong so I can do my share and be a part of one of the most fun things we do as a family.

4 comments:

For My Father's Glory said...

Dear Jan:
I feel such strength in you even more than you feel at this time. The Lord is strengthening you beyond your knowledge. You are so beautiful inside and out. I pray for His divine touch each day on you and your family, and that you are able to feel the warming hugs and kisses He gives you each day.

Love you much!
Elena.

Mary Jo Pierce said...

Dear One,
What a full day! I can't wait to see the T-shirt with declarations ... and hear all about the Blessing Box. I'm amazed and overwhelmed at the creativity and care from all your friends. I'm blessed to be counted among them. Love, Mary Jo

Anonymous said...

Psalm 62: 5-6 says:My soul wait thou only upon God, for my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, He is my defense; I shall not be moved!

Nothing can stand greater than the promises of God and we are all standing with you upon the Rock!

In prayer and rejoicing with you!
Love, Cindy Kelley

Anonymous said...

I love Lynell! I'm so joyed you have friends that love you in all seasons!! It's a blessing just to see God's intent for friendship in full bloom when the devil loves to highlight back stabbing, jealous, self serving friendships everywhere you turn!!!!You just have all kinds of life giving testimonies on here!!!:)Love, Sacha