Butterfly Sparks Designs

Monday, October 11, 2010

A Gentle Whisper

Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. 12 After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.
I Kings 19:11-12


Father -

The thought that you would cease to speak, shakes me. I have become wholly dependent on your whisper. I can barely remember how to navigate in silence.
Still - I find myself guilty of busyness and activity (wind, earthquake and fire) that surely clouds my ability to hear your voice. Help me prioritize stillness so that I may know you. I long to hear your whisper, as you pass by.

1 comment:

Karen Hammons said...

This is my first visit to your blog. Love it here :) Your post really hit home. Sometimes we just need to get quiet and for someone like me that is hard to do. I'm a go get 'em kinda girl that whirls multiple plates around to get it done. What I need to understand more and start doing is putting those plates down and get at the feet of Jesus so I can hear His whispers. Thanks for being a blessing!