Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Let us hold fast

I am meditating on Hebrews 10:23 this morning: "Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering, for He is faithful that promised."

You may remember that in the beginning of 2009, I asked God for a word for this year for my life. He said "RESOLUTE". Hebrews 10:23 has been my guiding verse about how to be resolute.

I've been pondering some of my "professions" this morning - what I think, what I believe and what I say. The truth is I can be resolute about any old thing. I have all kinds of opinions about all kinds of things that have become "set in stone" for me. They are producing a faith working effect in my life - whether I plan it or not. If my profession is based on truth, then it will lead me to a fruitful place. But if based on lies or misconceptions or wounds or ignorance or countless other thoughtless foundations, it will produce countless amounts of chaos in my life.

I am learning how powerful it is to set my profession of faith on the Word of God. I want to avoid mechanical, mindless professions that produce unfruitful situations and circumstances. Here's my big, exciting, revolutionary strategy for becoming resolute based on what God says:

1) Find a key verse
2) Agree with God
3) Speak it out loud until I believe it
4) Speak it out loud again!

I know...profound, right? It is obvious - but it is so obvious, that I can miss it. Hope you'll join me in taking a moment to intentionally determine what we will hold on to without letting go.

Here's one I'm resolute about all the time:

I will not die, but live and declare the works of the Lord! Ps 118:17

Blessings,
Jan

6 comments:

Marli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Durham's said...

This is good.....really good:)

Michelle W said...

Absolutely!! I will be here to listen to your proclamations! PTL! Love you bunches. :) Merry Christmas, dear lady.

Windy Storms said...

Amen! What a great encouragement! Thanks for sharing!

Melissa Terry said...

I have been professing that same scripture over Elyana. She is a fighter like her beautiful Aunt Jan :)

Love you!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

It's easy to be resolute with faithful friends like you! Thanks ladies for the encouragement. Jan