Butterfly Sparks Designs

Friday, July 10, 2009

Laughter is good medicene!


Good morning friends,

I have been up since 5:30 am reflecting on the amazing things that happened last night at Laugh. If you weren't there, I have some very exciting things to share with you. The evening was so much more than I expected. First of all, my driver and armor bearer last night was my own sweet daughter Ashley. Here's a recent photo of the two of us. (Thanks babe for driving me, going early, keeping up with all my stuff and for being my friend. I'm so glad I shared the evening with you!)
Pastor Debbie Morris (whom I love with a whole heart) told the ladies of my diagnosis - that in itself was enough to release a flood of compassion, love and encouragement toward me. But in addition, our guest, Kerri Pomarolli, in obedience to the Holy Spirit released an anointing for salvation and healing on the room and lead us in a petition for miracles. Somehow we went from laughter to war and it was powerful. Thank you Kerri for being obedient to God - and for being hysterically funny! The laughter was good medicene and prepared my heart for a divine encounter.

While Kerri was praying I was asking God for salvation to rule in the house. If you don't know Jesus, you don't know hope. I was seeing the words spoken over me (miraculous healing, release of my destiny, hope restored) multiplied across the room - that the "need meeter" was showing himself magnificent in each body that is fighting disease, sickness or infirmity. Matthew 18:19 says "If two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in Heaven." Well last night, there were 2 or more - like 1500 of us - agreeing in prayer. God's word does not fail.

I like to ask God each year for a word for that year - something personal that will tell me what He has in mind for me. By mid-February I knew that my word for 2009 was "resolute". Resolute means steadfast, unwavering, without doubt, fully committed, with no duplicity. As soon as I heard it, I realized I was going to have to fight. I thought I might have to fight to stay in the ministry, or fight to hear God, or maybe fight to remain stable. Little did I know what loomed on the horizon. I am fighting for my very life.

This morning I was reading Dodie Osteen's book called Healed of Cancer (given to me last night by a very special friend, Janet Stephenson - thank you!) and I came across a verse that made my heart leap. I've searched the Bible for the word resolute and can't find it! I knew that steadfastness was the character of the Lord and I found some confirming verses for that - but I had not really laid hold of a passage that spoke to me about being resolute.
Guess what I found this morning? Hebrews 10:23 - "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful." I will not waver again. Not because of my faith, but because He is faithful. My faith has been quickened by the outrageous, lavish, abundant declaration of God's goodness toward me. I believe that I am healed when everything in my body is saying something different. I take authority over my mind, will and emotions - removing duplicite thoughts and becoming single-minded. I command the root of cancer to die and leave my body whole and restored. Resolute.

Last night was what I call a "mile marker" moment in my life. I will never forget where I was, who I was with, or what God said. I am so grateful that He allowed me to share it with so many precious women of God. You will be a testimony and reminder to me that He has spoken and He is faithful. Thanks to each of you who prayed with me last night and who even now are petitioning heaven on my behalf.

More wonderful things happened yesterday - Angie Monroe brought my family delicious fajitas - enough to feed an army. She also brought me an amazing gift that included a pair of pink boxing gloves and manna from Heaven because I am a fighter. Then she revealed one last surprise! I received a whole album of notes of encouragement from my co-workers at Gateway Church. Each note hand written and a personal exhortation of love. I was totally surprised and totally overwhelmed. I've already read each note twice and just when I think my heart can not be more grateful - I feel it break again and a fresh flow of thanksfulness pours out. I am undone again.

With a heart bursting with gratitude,
Jan

9 comments:

Lisa M said...

I too enjoyed laugh last night. You looked beautiful as always Jan. I know you are healed and I'm so exited that we will hear you speak at our next "Pink". What an answer to prayer and how appropriate to have our "warrior in pink" speak to us. I'm so excited!!!

Your are blessed my friend.
love you,
Lisa

Laura G said...

1.) you looked stunning last night, killer outfit!
2.) I am believing and contending like never before for your miraculous healing
3.) I am SO pumped that you will be speaking at P-Impact next year...and I definitley think that you should wear those boxing gloves while you speak too ;)
and 4.) I love that the fight in your spirit is strong, alive, and ready to battle...you give all of us strength and an extra dose of faith!

Love you dearly,
Laura O

Anonymous said...

You go girl. Kick the enemy in the teeth--or maybe just give him a good hard whop with those pink gloves. Thanks for your compassion and encouragement to me last night. You are so wired to be a minister. We will cover you in prayer next week as you go thru round 2 of your chemo. I am believing it will be easier on you that the first one--whether the docs tell you that in the natural or not doesn't matter.

Go kick some devil booty!

Brenda Peterson said...

Oh, shoot. Forgot to put my name! That's my post, btw. Did not mean it to me anonymous. Blast!

Anonymous said...

Threw resolute into Bible Gateway to see what it would spit back out at me & this was all it came up with:Luke 9:51 As the time approached for him to be taken up to heaven, Jesus resolutely set out for Jerusalem. In context, the whole chapter is so powerful. He was really moving and shaking things up-sending out the disciples, etc.
In context, that is really what you are like, also. Shaking things up, making us look long & hard at things and from different angles. I know this may be premature, but I really feel like part of this is about perspective and how we look at EVERYTHING. Faith, trust, obedience, prayer, EVERYTHING. We are priviledged to get to see it from your perspective. Once again, thank you so much for sharing all of this; the good, the bad, and the ugly. I know that God will be some much "realer" to the people who go on this journey & see Him through your eyes. We are so grateful for the priviledge & give God all the glory!
Leatrice

Anonymous said...

Jan, I was away at HeartQuest. When I came back I heard of your battle. I started standing with you and continue today. I cannot tell you how blessed I am as I read your blog. I feel His presence confirming the victory. We still have to battle, but the victory is HIS! And we are the ones set free! Blessings dear one. Marlaine Mayher

Kim Fox said...

Jan Laugh was so awesome last night ! I saw you across the room and you looked so beautiful . Every time I read your words I am so touched and was thinking wow she needs to write a book you are so gifted ! Can't wait to hear you in the spring you will be an Incredible witness to the women . Hugs Kim Fox

Shannon Spainhour said...

Jan, I feel like I am getting to know you in a very special way. Thank You for sharing your heart, faith and struggles each day. I want to be there when you speak next spring. I truly believe that God speaks to each of us when you share! Love and prayers, Shannon Spainhour

Unknown said...

You may know this song, but I thought of it as I was reading your last post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4KiGN1j1No

Love you!
Crista