Butterfly Sparks Designs

Monday, July 13, 2009

So much to share...

Hi everybody,

So much has happened in the last couple of days that I don't know if I can really get my thoughts together. Mark took me out on Saturday afternoon in my wig and we hit a few stores. He says that people won't really notice it's a wig - but when we were walking in the store I just kept pulling and tugging on it. After awhile I realized that people will probably know my hair is not my own if I keep sliding it around on my head. I felt like a child who can't control their hands. I told Mark to swat my hands if he sees me touching it in public. It's like trying to get used to a retainer or something - you think about it all the time. Here's a picture I took of the two of us on that day. He's handsome in blue!


We stayed out so long that we just decided to go onto the 5:45 service at church. My head was so tender that I had to take the wig off and put on a scarf and hat. I didn't plan to show up at church the first time with a scarf and hat - but I did - and it was fine. Everybody is so kind to us!



On Sunday we attended the evening Encounter service - and indeed we had an Encounter with the great I am. I met with God - like had a "counsel" with Him. I asked Him some very specific questions and got some answers. I'm still processing this amazing exchange - so I'm going to wait to share what happened. Let me just say that I believe the word of the Lord. Then a lot of friends surrounded the two of us and prayed. It was powerful and while they were praying for us I felt heat in my hip bone - it felt exactly the same way it did on the day I received radiation to this bone - hot and deep inside my body. It was such a strange sensation. I believe He touched me and I'm on my way to restoration!


Today was such a great day! It started with an early visit to the doctor - all numbers still great - and then to the office. When I arrived I slipped in the back door and made my way down the hall. When I walked into the women's suite it was so quiet. No movement, no noise, no laughter! I stepped into the suite, greeted my friends Elisa dnd Elizabeth and set down at my desk. It wasn't quiet after that. I realized that I'm a little like Matthew - noise and stuff follow me everywhere. Elisa, Katy and I stopped at 11:30 to attend healing prayer for Gateway staff. Katy's been battling some significant health challenges of her own so we decided to take advantage of this "perk." No surprise - another sweet visit with Jesus! Truly, I can hear Him right now - and the Word is so rich to me. Several prophetic words over all of us and a stirred up faith that God heals and He's in the midst of all of our circumstances. Thanks again Pastor Mary Jo for being an amazing leader, warrior and intersessor. The rest of the day was pretty much a blur - I made it til 5 - but I am so tired tonight. Glad I can lay in my bed and talk to you!



When I got home John and his friend Josh were at our home. The boys came downstairs to help me with something and I saw that they both had new haircuts. (John has been wearing a bleached blonde mohawk for a couple of weeks - something that he and his baseball team had done for the triple crown tournament. Yes - it was crazy looking!) Now their head's were buzzed short and clean. John told me that he and his friends buzzed their heads and cut my initials into their hair today to show their support for me and for John. They used the initials MG for Mrs. Greenwood! Apparently several of them are now bearing letters in my name! I called John's friend Chase - who came up with this game plan - to tell him how much that meant to me. He said that all the mom's were doing something nice for me and this was what they could do to show they cared. Chase's mom is sending photos from today's mass cutting - and I'll post as soon as I have them. I love these boys! They are really good kids and I'm so impressed with their creativity and honored by their sacrifice! Made me smile from ear to ear!




Then Matthew came home. Here's a couple of photos from camp that my friend Beth sent me! As you can see he had a great time. His dad picked him up and helped prepare him for the great "reveal". As soon as he got home he wanted to see. He said he might cry but he wanted to see! So I showed him. He just looked shocked for a second, but no tears! Then he brought me a gift he bought for me at camp. It's a little duck who is bald on top except for one little tuft of hair. He said it reminded him of me! LOL! Isn't that great?
He had a sweet encounter with Jesus where he was able to lay his fears at His feet. He's quoting the word like a preacher and spent a few minutes with me tonight reading to me from Revelation! His favorite new verse is John 14:6 - Jesus answered, I am the way, the truth and the life. When He says it - he says it with authority! He's glad to be home but says he doesn't want to go again. He missed home too much.

So all in all - it was a great day! I'm blessed beyond measure and so grateful for your friendship. I hope you had a great day too....

Much love,

Jan

12 comments:

Kim Fox said...

Thanks again for sharing ! Love reading your blog . Love you so much ! Kim Fox

Nicole said...

Jan,
Love you and even though I haven't met all of your family...I am falling in love with them too! You are a blessed woman! I love the "duckie" and the initials. Such neat gifts to give to an amazing mom!

I am praying in agreement for complete healing in every cell of your body, complete restoration.

Love you dearly!
Nicole

Lynnell said...

Whew what a DAY!!! Ok I've seen Matthew smile before but not till today and the photo at camp of him smiling it's YOU!!
What an AMAZING group of boys can't wait to see those photos!
Love the photo of you and Mark what a lovely couple!!
I am always in awe of you dear Jan
you have made a ton of lemonade with these lemons!
I am so thrilled your day back at work was GREAT!!
This is a highlight in my day is reading your blogs!
Take a rest tomorrow
Love ya my sweet friend!!
Lynnell

Jessica said...

i can't believe this is Matthew! What a sweet spirit he has...kind of reminds me of someone....hmmm...YOU! Be blessed Jan! Love you bunches!

Ashley said...

Matthew-- such a handsome little man. And John-- what a man of integrity. Your 4 kids are amazing and you should definitely carry your head high when you think of them and all the goodness of God that they carry with them.
I love the picture of you and Mark. The love between you two is very obvious and beautiful.
I miss you! I'm glad you had a day of victory...may many more come your way on this journey.
Love,
Ashley

Carrie said...

I like the wig. It looks very natural. You look so pretty. And I agree with Lynnell-Matthew looks like you.
Love ya

Unknown said...

LOVE the pic of you and Mark - you look amazing! Awesome to hear how the grace of God is covering you and your family and equipping you all to walk w/ His strength through the storm. Standing w/ you! Much love,
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweet Friend,

First of all the hair looks fantastic! But lets face it, you could wear a burlap sack wrapped around the top of your head and you would be stunning! The light of Jesus shines through those big,blue eyes!

Second, I can't begin to tell you how much you and Joyna are on my mind and war that you are waging. Your ability to minister to us in your time of need is out of this world. The word tells us that God can and will use all things for His glory. While I know that you did not volunteer for the job you have been given, I am so touched at how you have not shied away from the task at hand. God is moving through you in such a way that you will never see the magnitude until we are all together with Him. I hate so much the side effects that come with this ministry you have been given. But I know that you and your family are tough enough to win the war, all the while giving God all the glory.
Much love,
Betty

Lisa Watson said...

Jan! I can't wait to hear about your "encounter"!! God is SO faithful! His promises are SURE!!!
Will be praying for you tomorrow...Oh, a song just popped in my head and I know it's for YOU!!....I'm thinkin' that He's sending you this one to think on tomorrow!(God is SO good!)
"Singing in the rain
Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for love
Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
I walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just singin',
Singin' in the rain"
Just keep singin', Jan! He loves you....Oh, how He loves you!
And I do too!!!

Lisa Watson said...

OH goodness.....I just saw the second verse to that song...It's amazing:
"Why am I smiling
And why do I sing?
Why does July
Seem sunny as spring?
Why do I get up
Each morning and start?
Happy and head up
With joy in my heart
Why is each new task
A trifle to do?
Because I am living
A life full of you."
OK...so I changed September to July, but that's all!! Isn't that song totally amazing???? I had NO idea that it said "Because I'm living a life full of you".....God is ALL OVER that song!!! I LOVE it!!!! (smile...I'm grinning ear to ear!)

Melissa Terry said...

I know that you will be beautiful in WHATEVER you have on- scarf, wig or nothing at all. You are beautiful with every fiber of who you are...

I love you and am praying for you today...

Cindy Kelley said...

Hello Ms. Jan,
I'm incredibly moved by the woman I have always known you to be and though you find yourself in this unexpected place in your life, the light and joy of Christ continues to flood through! I miss you so much and we have to do lunch again one day soon, even if I have to bring it to you this time :)!

Praying for God's complete healing for you and all the strength and energy you need!

I love you so much my sister!
Cindy Kelley